Sunday, August 28, 2005

Thoughts To Understand

A natural trend, which instinctly can take over out thoughts and make them go in a specific direction. We read. What do we read, we read what is in our thoughts in the way we look at it. Our own prospective of what we read, instead of the what the writer intended.

Is that wrong? I wouldnt say it is. Each has his/her own prospective of view and way of expressing their understanding of others thoughts.

Is it the writers' fault? The writer could take some blame for it, but not entirely. Thats why there is a difference between excellent writers and good writers. The difference of clarity in their choice of words.

Sometimes I would be reading something, then I would relate it to my own knowledge and experience. And if I had to comment about it. I would comment based on my own view, despite the direction the writer has intended. Other times, I would detach myself from my own knowledge or experiences and embrace the writers own. An attempt to understand the words, the meanings behind them.

When and how to distinguish the difference.. Is a question always gets determined with time...

6 comments:

TripleTee said...

hmm... would that suggest that a book that is more detailed than another is somewhat better u think? Is it the details that makes a book good? :os

NiGhTFaCe said...

You are supposed to get what the writer wants to say more than what you can read, or you understand.

Hamood said...

tripletee: Not exactly the details, though details can be good sometimes, but not in other. So I would think its more about the strength of the writers style itself.

nightface: True, thats the actually purpose, though somehow it could sometimes reflect back to the person him/herself; instead of the actual reflection by the writer. Which in most cases would never be known.

Najah said...

if there was just a good apportunity for being a philosopher here, you would've been the number one Omani philosopher....
anyhow, i go with interpreting it wherever it should depending on the situation, the topic, the mind and all in all everything else.

Arabian Princess said...

DD you are killed for not telling me about your blog!!

to a certain extent I agree with you .. however, when we read, we viewing a view from the window .. we look at what the writer is saying .. and what we have in mind .. and start comparing!

Hamood said...

najah: A philosopher?? That would of been interesting, wouldnt it :p

AP: A windows view, makes sense. Then I might conclude the everyone sees things from different types or sizes of windows. Thats how we could explain the difference of opinions.