Usually I tend to write my thoughts, with minimal reliance to quote or highlighting of other sources, however knowing, and observing how common procrasination has become; I just couldn't resist doing yet, another research about the topic and find out more information about it.
It's actually getting quite boring... procrastination that is, with at least over a decade of experience in the field I can finally say those words...
Perhaps its the dawn of a new era into the industrious era, where things happen there, when and how it's planned to happen.
So far industrious is the only reaonsable word, I have found that could be consider as an antonym to procrastination. Therefore, it's the definition to be instead...
After going through most of the readings below, I will be using this blog as one mean of commitment to keep updated on how closer I am in becoming an industerious person...
I might share my plans, activities and even success or failure stories...
Yet another experiemental post...
Nevertheless, what are your thoughts on the topic? Are you one of us? If yes, what are you doing about it? If no, what are you doing differently?
Quotes and meanings:
"The procrastinator is...someone who knows what (s)he wants to do, in some sense can do it, is trying to do it-yet doesn't do it."(Alston 1977 as cited by Silver & Sabini 1981)
It means in latin "forward to tomorrow".
Procrastinate: To put off till another day or time; defer; delay.
Industrious: working energetically and devotedly; hard-working; diligent:an industrious person.
- Procrastination: Habit or Disorder? : A study by a student, quite insightful.
- The Procrastination Syndrome: Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment : An article from a professional prospective, yet again very interesting and insightful.
- Etiology - The causes of procrastination : A theortical article that is worth reading.
- Procrastination can become a harmful disorder : An article by a pediatrician, which highlights how it can be a learnt habit from childhood.
- A formula for procrastination : (Utility = E x V / (Gamma) x D), now this was an interesting finding, a mathimatical forumla about procrastination! Another interesting read.
- Procrastination : A handout targetting students, which outlines, describes and suggests. Nevertheless, anyone can relate to it.
- The Tomorrow Trap: Unlocking the Secrets of the Procrastination-Protection Syndrome : A book that speaks to you practically and can easily be related to. I yet plan to read it, once I can get a hold of it.