Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Dimension of Time

We have the preception of time. How far do we understand it? How many tried to decode it. Is it really as simple as it is; in the sense time is time. 1 moment at a time. Or is there a more complex concept about it.

Can time be rewinded or forwarded? Is it a dimension that can be manipulated? Did Einstein hit a spot with his time theories or they are merely an illusion?

I have no idea. Nor have a fixed opinion about it. Though I really do find time being another dimension quite an intriguing fact. If we can make an object and decide its' length, width and height then logically we can control in a way the time factor that is related to it.

Perhaps we already do. A tuna can, all 4 dimensions are set for it. And it has an expiry date. Well the tuna inside of it does, so this wouldnt be the right example.

But again is time really a dimension? ....

8 comments:

TripleTee said...

alright atgm, u just managed to confuse me Um il-confusation!!

some of us had to make a speech on time a very few days ago... and from all the speeches absolutely none gave a clear definition of what time is... I'll get no closer to knowin what it is than I'll know what's meant by dimension in the first place :os... very interesting topic nevertheless :) well thought of...

Hamood said...

Confusion is a good word...

As far as I understand dimension is the measurable measurement of things/objects.

I got another thought about time, should come up with my next blog.

TripleTee said...

hmph... a7em... yes, confusion... duh... was just bein Omani...
---

ahh,dimension... I understood somethin like the angle in which u view somethin..
but if its got somethin to do with measurements... then maybe I could conclude everything's a dimension... time included...

:os oh well.. keep them comin...

Najah said...

This is very deep!!! I can't even describe how deep this is, and for real you would've been a great " thinker, philosopher...etc!!!!"

. said...

Well, Time is a dimension According to The special relativity by A.Einstein.
Time does slow down while speed of an object is increasing, and time is proven to be a dimension.
The Tuna Can is not a good example, you can't control the expire date!...but can you preserve it to last longer than the expire date? what I am saying is " Can you slow down the relative-time to the Tuna Can so it lasts longer? ..Time concept in the special relativity is the hardest concept to understand...in fact only 100,000 people understand Reltivity theory completely logically scientifically..Anyway I like Your blog...Have A good day.

Hamood said...

najah: hehe.. rightt.. thanks again.

x~nezitic: Time and its releavence to speed. Totally makes sense. And for sure the tuna example wasnt good as I figured, but didnt want to edit it out. The reltivity theory, I might just look more into it. Glad you like my blog so far and stopping by.

. said...

I recently bought a book coincidently soon after I read your post just. You might be interested in reading it, it's called Time:Traveler's Guide...it's interesting, gives you a better thought of it

Hamood said...

x~nezitiC said: Sounds interesting. Might grap it and have a look at it, if I came across this book. Thanks for the recommendation.